Perfect little Asian style nuggets. Great for sweet and sour, honey garlic, general tso, and other take out favorites!
So how do they do it? Cornstarch! Cornstarch is finer and makes a silky smooth coat when deep-frying.
Begin by heating the oil in a medium sauce pan on high for about 5 minutes. To check that the oil is hot enough, splash a drop or two of water in the oil. If it sizzles, it’s ready.
In the mean time, whisk the eggs together in a small bowl and cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
Put chicken in a large plastic bag and garlic powder add enough cornstarch to coat.
Seal the bag and shaky shaky!
Now that the chicken is thoroughly coated toss them in the eggs and drop them in the hot oil.
Cook for 1 minute.
Turn chicken and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from oil and set on paper towels.
Important: The chicken is probably not fully cooked. So you’ll want to bake it at 350 in the oven for about 10 minutes. Toss in your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Oh the possibilities!
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- cornstarch as needed
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 egg per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil on medium high in a medium sauce pan for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Put chicken in a large plastic bag, add garlic powder and enough cornstarch to coat.
- Seal the bag and shake until chicken is coated.
- Remove chicken from bag and toss in egg.
- Carefully drop battered chicken in the hot oil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn chicken and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from oil and set on paper towels.
- Important: The chicken is probably not fully cooked. Bake it at 350 in the oven for about 10 minutes.