Bless me health gods, for I have sinned. It’s been a few days since my last confession. I’ve had impure thoughts about chicken, swimming in cheese sauce with carb filled pasta and more cheese. I tried to repent by adding tomatoes and mushrooms, but oh the pesto. I know it may be a sin to swoon over such wanton combinations of delectable savory flavor, but how can I deny such exquisite divinity?
Oh yeah, I went there! This is so rich and decadent I will only make it twice a year at max! After a few bites, you will find yourself overcome with the pure ecstacy of this dish. It’s that good. Chicken fettuccine Alfredo times 10! If you want to rock on your feet and practically pass out from creamy, garlicky, cheesy goodness, give it a whirl. You’re hips may regret it, but your taste buds will not!
I like to get the fillers done first so I can focus all my attention on the sauce right before the assembling.
To see how to make my awesome Alfredo sauce, click here!
How to assemble:
Add a thin layer of alfredo sauce in the bottom of the pan.
Next add a layer noodles.
Spread about 2/3rd’s of the ricotta mixture.
Sprinkle layer with mozzerella.
Cover with the second layer of noodles.
Sprinkle about 2/3rd’s of the chicken and mushrooms over the noodles.
Pour Alfredo sauce over meat and mushrooms.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
Add the third layer of noodles.
Spread the rest of the ricotta mixture and cover with the remaining chicken and mushrooms.
Pour the rest of the alfredo sauce over the top… and don’t put the last cheese layer on yet! You heard me! You are going to cook the lasagna without the epic top cheese layer first!! Cover it with foil, cut a few vents and bake for 30 minutes.
Take the pan out and remove the foil.
Now put on that epic last layer of mozzerella cheese! I like to add a little garlic salt and parmesan to the top for extra flavor.
Bake for another 20-30 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Slice into sumptuous squares of awesomeness and enjoy!!
Check out these fabulous recipes:
- 1 container shredded 3 cheese blend (asagio, romano, parm) or just parm if you can't find that.
- 16 oz container whipping cream (heavy if you want to go super rich)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- Garlic salt
- Italian herb seasonings
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheeses
- 2 cups mushrooms (optional)
- 2/3 cup diced sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- Cook and rinse lasagna according to box directions.
- Season the chicken with garlic salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasonings.
- Grill and dice chicken.
- If you choose to use mushrooms - slice finely, add 3 tbsp of pesto, and toss in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, add ricotta, egg, 3 tbsp of pesto, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan. Toss and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan add garlic and melt butter.
- Pour in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1/2 shredded cheese and all the cream cheese into liquid and whisk consistently until the cheese is fully integrated.
- Taste and add more cheese until it is to your liking (I usually use the whole container)
- Turn heat down to low and let it sit for 10 mins to thicken up.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add a thin layer of alfredo sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Next add a layer noodles.
- Spread about 2/3rd's of the ricotta mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle ricotta layer with mozzarella.
- Cover with the second layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle about 2/3rd's of the chicken and mushrooms over the noodles.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over meat and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Add the third layer of noodles.
- Spread the rest of the ricotta mixture and cover with the remaining chicken and mushrooms.
- Pour the rest of the alfredo sauce over the top... and don’t put the last cheese layer on yet! You heard me! You are going to cook the lasagna without the epic top cheese layer first!!
- Cover with foil, cut a few vents, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the pan out and remove the foil.
- Now put on that epic last layer of mozzerella cheese! I like to add a little garlic salt and parmesan to the top for extra flavor.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.