The holidays are upon us!! How are your preparations going? Still running around? Or have you been ready for a month? Usually I’m the latter but not this year! I’ve been so darn busy, I had to throw up my hands on a few accounts and wait until winter break to get my Christmas shopping done and brave the grocery store one last time. That was yesterday. The grocery store was packed!! It’s noon on a Tuesday!! Good grief! Fortunately the Christmas gift shopping took place at Sportco (our local sportsman’s warehouse) which wasn’t as bad. So I get home yesterday, pull out the rest of the gifts, gift wrap, scissors, tape….. where’s the tape…. running around the house looking for tape, digging in all the drawers for the tape!! No tape!! Guess where I get to go again today?? Ugh!
Lol I digress. What I really wanted to share with you today was this fantasic cheese ball recipe I made up. It is so good! Besides the fact that I’ve already established how much I love cheese. I’m pretty sure every 4th or 5th post is dripping in it right? That’s probably accurate. This one has some of my favorite flavors: balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil! Oh, and not just cream cheese, goat cheese too! So darn tasty! So darn easy too! You can have this whipped up in 15 minutes, pop it in the freezer for a little bit to firm up, roll it in basil, and done! Serve with pita chips for a new holiday classic at your home!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped, divided
- Mix all ingredients and only use 2 tbsp of the fresh basil.
- Place in the center of a square of cling wrap, roll into a ball, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and roll in the remaining fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
- If you chill the ball for a much longer time, allow at least 2 hours to thaw before serving.