Chicken caesar back is everything you love about the classic salad in pasta form! Baked to perfection with broccoli and a crispy panko topping. You guys!! This is soooooo good!
I couldn’t believe how good this was! Well, maybe I could. I made it, and I know what I like. But I loooooooooooved this! It all started with a frozen meal I pulled of the shelf and said “Eh, what the hell.” All the while, my subconscious was screaming, “It’s going to be super salty! The sauce will taste horrible! You’ll hate it!” But a chicken caesar bake? With noodles and broccoli? That sounds delicious! Let’s just try it. For a frozen meal, I was pleasantly surprised, it totally hit the spot at lunch time. It also totally inspired me to make my own version fresh!
With super creamy Litehouse Caesar Caesar and parmesan cheese, the sauce was divine. I used Smart Taste Rotini noodles which have tons of fiber but taste great. Between that and the broccoli, I didn’t feel like a total heifer after greedily shoveling it in my face!
If you like caesar salad, you will adore my chicken caesar bake!!
- 2 broccoli heads
- 3 chicken breasts - seasoned with Italian herbs, garlic salt, and pepper
- 12 oz rotini pasta
- ½ small red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk - for a richer sauce use whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 cups Caesar dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blanch broccoli.
- Grill or pan fry seasoned chicken and dice.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large sauce pan, add onion, garlic, and butter. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Add milk, caesar dressing, lemon juice, and pepper to pan.
- Whisk until sauce begins to boil.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine pasta, chicken, broccoli, sauce and 1 cup parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Top with additional parmesan and panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned.