Ever had a bacon wrapped jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese? They’re amazing! Mountain Man loves making them and I love eating them! Funny thing is I don’t even like peppers or spicy foods but these I love! So how does that work? Well, for starters you cook them on the grill super low and super slow. That gets rid of the heat but not the flavor. Then, obviously, you wrap it in bacon which makes everything better, even your not so favorite foods… like peppers for me.
So lets take this idea to the next level shall we? First we’re going to super size it by using Anaheim peppers instead of jalapenos.
Then we’re going to stuff them with cream cheese and……. hmmm, what other flavors go good with hot peppers? How about avocado, a little lime, and some shrimp! Yes!! Let’s stuff them with that!
Wrap those bad boys in bacon, set them on the top rack of your grill on the lowest setting and leave them there for about 30 minutes.
So frikin good! Now that’s my idea of summer grilling!
- 4 Anaheim peppers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp meat, chilled
- 12 rashers of bacon
- Cut the peppers lengthwise about 1/3 of its depth. (See picture above)
- Seed and rinse out the inside of each pepper.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese, avocado, lime juice, and garlic salt until smooth.
- Gently fold the shrimp into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into peppers.
- Wrap each pepper with bacon. About 3 rashers per pepper.
- Cook on the upper rack with the lowest setting of your barbecue for about 30 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked.