This is one of my favorite Fall treats! It’s super easy to make and can be enjoyed either as a fancy ball or a simple dip. Depending on the occasion, I have done it both ways. The cheese ball in all it’s glory always makes for a nice presentation at parties. People are always surprised and delighted to discover this cheese ball is sweet and tangy. Serve with vanilla wafers and apple slices for an amazing appetizer.
The only downside to the cheese ball is that you need to freeze it for at least 5 hours before serving. I usually just make it the night before and allow it to thaw out for about 30 minutes before adding the candied pecan topping and serving.
But….. you can also serve it as a dip. Whip it up, chill it for about 30 minutes and viola! If I want my pumpkin fix but am too lazy to whip up a pie, cookies, bars, etc. this is what I make. Instant gratification! I’ve been known for sitting down on the couch with a box of vanilla wafers, a container full of this yummy goodness and just going to town while watching my favorite trashy shows. I have no shame in my living room.
Either way you prepare this you are going to be super excited by how much pumpkin perfection is packed in this awesome treat!
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup candied pecans (optional)
- Serve with vanilla wafers and apple slices
- Whip all ingredients (except pecans) together until smooth.
- Place in plastic wrap, form a ball, and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Thaw for 30 minutes and roll in chopped pecans.
- To serve as a dip, simply whip all ingredients together and chill for 30 minutes before serving.