Probably you already know that I love salad for dinner. It’s one of my favorite things. Per our meal planning, Mountain Man and I have it once a week. Why? It’s healthy, tasty, and so easy to make. Often people fear that they won’t feel satisfied after eating just a salad for dinner but, trust me, the way we load them up, you will get the gratification you are looking for.
With such frequency of a type of meal, it is important to have options. Redundancy is what can make salad for dinner a real bummer. And there is no reason for it. Salad can be done up in so many ways! You can pretty much use any sort of meat, cheese, fruit, and vegetable to create endless combinations. Which brings me to my new favorite, the Caprese Cobb Salad.
The word caprese refers to an Italian style salad made of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper. A Cobb salad is generally topped with chicken, egg, avocado, bacon, blue cheese, and tomatoes. Marry the two together and you’ve got something totally new and totally delicious!
My Caprese Cobb Salad is topped with grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, mozzarella, and tomatoes. Drizzle with a really easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette and dinner is served!
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dry Italian herbs
- 4 cups lettuce - romaine, green leaf, or spring mix
- 2 small chicken breasts
- Garlic Salt
- Italian herb seasoning (dried basil, oregano, rosemary, etc)
- 4 rashers of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mozzarella fresca, chopped
- Make the dressing first! Mix all ingredients together and let sit while you prepare everything else.
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Grill chicken breast and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and drizzle with dressing.
Love salad? Check out these other fabulous recipes!