Love Olive Garden Minestrone? Now you can make it in less than 30 minutes in the instant pot! This copy cat recipe is so easy! Just chop, saute, and cook! I was blown away not only by how quick this was to make but how spot on the taste was! I was at the Olive Garden enjoying my favorite soup! And I had a pot full of it! Yeah!
First I have to give a big shout out to Jen at Cincy Shopper. She’s one of my favorite bloggers to follow. She has so many amazing recipes it’s crazy! When I saw her Olive Garden minestrone copy cat recipe, I knew, if anyone had it done right, it was her.
Recently I received an Instant Pot for Christmas. Basically anything you can do in the crockpot, you can do in the instant pot in 1/4 of the time. So I tried making Jen’s copy cat recipe in the instant pot. Sure enough, it worked….perfectly! A few minor tweaks and I had my favorite minestrone in less than an hour! You’ve got to try this!
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 diced medium Onion
- 1 chopped Zucchini
- 14 oz cut Green Beans
- 1 diced stalk Celery
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 7 cups Vegetable Broth
- 14 ounce drained Red Kidney Beans
- 14 ounce drained Great Northern Beans
- 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 cup dry Red Wine - Cabernet or Merlot
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp dry Italian herbs
- 1 cup Shell Pasta, dry
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 cups fresh Spinach, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place oil, onions, and garlic in the instant pot.
- Turn on the saute mode and saute for 3 minutes.
- Press cancel and add all ingredients except the fresh basil, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Seal the instant pot and set it on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done cooking, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Open the pot, stir in the basil, spinach, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reseal the instant pot and run on the keep warm setting for 10 minutes to wilt the greens.